Saturday, January 14, 2012

And the road begins....

A friend of mine, and fellow blogger, suggested that I take up blogging this week - after she insisted I learn to quilt. As I can barely thread a needle, I thought this was the logical first step.

To sum myself up quickly, I am a Dirt Road Diva. I live on a rather large farm - which boasts land rich in corn, alfalfa, and wheat, and is home to a couple-hundred head of cattle. My nearest neighbor lives over a mile away, and the only noises I hear at night are the howlings of coyotes and the occasional moo of a cow.

A far cry from my upbringing it is. I was raised a towny - where I could get Sonic ANY time I wanted, and the closest Walmart wasn't 40 miles away. I was what one may call preppy, and a tad spoiled. One might refer to me as a Diva. Hmm... mention that.

Now, I am a fish out of water. I roll my eyes at the old adage "If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." I did, and He laughed. I told Him I wanted a career where I could wear pencil skirts and pumps - instead, he made me a country wife and mom. Thank God for unanswered prayers.

So, through this blog I hope you will join me on the road of life - a little dusty, sometimes a little lonely, but always leading me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment