Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day

Cookies for H's preschool class? Check. Valentines for H's class, friends, and family? Check. Valentines for my two sweet little boys? Check.
 Hmm... seems to me, on this day of love, there has been someone largely overlooked in this family. Who could that be? Oh, right... my man!
So, the other day, we were skimming the Plains Dealer, and noticed a section devoted to romantic quips from lovers placed in the advertising section. Most featured some type of poem - and believe me, I use the term poem loosely. Nevertheless, it got me to thinking. After nearly seven years of marriage and two kids, I haven't given enough attention to making sure my man knows how much I love him. Thus, the following "POEM." Keep in mind, I am no Whitman.

Ode to Cory

I love your inaccurate speech,
and the way you chomp on the food that you eat.

The same old t-shirts and the jeans worn thread bare-
still add to your charm - though laundry is a scare.

I love your giggles when watching late night TV,
And the way you hold our boys on the end of your knee.

Pawn Stars, Gold Rush and Wipe Out are a bore,
But I'll watch them for you, because you I adore.

You work tirelessly to provide for you little family,
I'll love you forever - my darling Cory.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am very impressed. I used to do a whole week of celebrating our birthdays/ valentines day until one year I wrote poems every day to lead to a different gift. I realized I needed to retire the poems and just stick to the gift giving. My poems are so sad...so I admire your creativity in this. Happy v-day!

    ReplyDelete